Coil Winder [Automatic]
Automatic Coil Winder and Electric Company Limited, Manufacturer
1. Coil Winding Machine, Black metal frame on right and left of object top hold mechanisms for winding coils, motor located at back of object, counter on left side is small metal box with counter screen, several wheels and 2 grooved ' spinning tops' parts on inside left of machine, mounted on wooden board, Features maker's plate in centre of top "THE / "DOUGLAS" / MANUFACTURED BY / THE AUTOMATIC COIL WINDER & / ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT Co Ltd / WINDER HOUSE / DOUGLAS STREET, LONDON, S.W.1. / PATENTS APPLIED FOR IN ALL COUNTRIES";
2. Box, Wooden box used to hold machine, square, open at front side, missing lid based on 'shadow' of brackets on top;
3. Sign: Wooden framed sign with instructions on using the machine, yellowed paper with black writing, glass face, nails holding backing in place, holes at top and bottom of frame, "INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING THE / "DOUGLAS" / AUTOMATIC COIL WINDER (Hand driven).............. THE AUTOMATIC COIL WINDER & ELECTRICAL / EQUIPMENT CO., LTD., / "WINDER HOUSE," DOUGLAS STREET, LONDON, S.W.1. / Tel.: VIC. 3405-6 Telegram: "Autowinda, Sowest, London" ";
4. Box of spare parts including more spinning top looking parts;
5. Metal rod with plastic(?) grooved wheel at one end.
The development of MOTAT's online platform is a continual process. Records are updated regularly, with new information and images. There may be mistakes or omissions in the information provided and we welcome input from the public.
Do you know something about this object? Contact us or comment below.
Be the first to comment.