Conquest of the skies : The Wright brothers portfolio
Franklin Institute, Publisher
See full details
(1) List of what is contained in the "Conquest of the skies"portfolio
(2) Map of the Kill Devil Hills area (printed on the inside surface of the portfolio)
(3) Booklet "First flight : The story of Wilbur and Orville Wright's invention of the airplane" by Anthony Wolff with illustrations by Gary Undercuffler (1978)
(4) A reproduction of the May 1900 letter between the Wilbur Wright and Octave Chanute describing Wilbur's plans to develop a flying machine
(5) Two reproductions of the Wrights brothers' calculations (made on the back of wallpaper)
(6) Ten reproductions of photographs depicting Wright gliders, flyers, the lift balance in the wind tunnel and of the airfoils tested on the balance
(7) Two reproductions of the original three-view drawing of the Kitty Hawk flyer
(8) Reproduction of the patent given to Orville and Wilbur Wright for a flying machine (dated 22 May 1906)
(9) Reproduction of the telegram reporting the success of four flights
(10) Reproduction of a booklet 'The first published account of the Wright brothers' by Amos Ives Root (1905)
Also included in the folder is a print from a drawing of the Wright Military flyer by S. J. DeMarco (1975) and a small explanatory label. This print is not included on the list of what the portfolio contains.
The development of MOTAT's online platform is a continual process. Records are updated regularly, with new information and images. There may be mistakes or omissions in the information provided and we welcome input from the public.
Do you know something about this object? Contact us or comment below.
Be the first to comment.